Campaign to support comprehensive redevelopment at Misericordia
Misericordia Health Centre is undergoing a comprehensive redevelopment. Construction began in May 2011 on a new facility to house the Buhler Eye Care Centre, the Ambulatory Diagnostic Centre and PRIME, a day centre for seniors.
The Misericordia Health Centre Foundation is proud to be involved with this redevelopment project and has launched a campaign that will encourage community partnership. The Future of Care redevelopment campaign was officially launched on Thursday, June 16, 2011 with the announcement of a generous $2 million gift from Bonnie and John Buhler.
Your dollar contributes to the improvement of everyone’s health care
In addition to the province’s commitment of $38 million, the Misericordia Foundation has pledged $7 million toward Phase 1 of redevelopment and we need your help! Projects like this need the whole community in order to succeed. Every donation counts, no matter the size.
Dial 204-22-ANGEL (204-222-6435) for more information about redevelopment and how you can get involved.
Please visit our News and Events section of the website to view the most recent articles written about the campaign, under the heading Redevelopment.
Lead donors help to make Misericordia’s dream a reality
We are grateful to all of our donors for their continual support. Lead donors are playing a particularly important role in paving the way for The Future of Care with their major gifts. Our lead donors to date include:
Chairman’s Council ($1,000,000+)
- Bonnie & John Buhler (Buhler Eye Care Centre)
Chairman’s Circle ($500,000 – $999,999)
- J. Laurie Johnston (PRIME: A Health Centre for Seniors)
- Misericordia Health Centre
Chairman’s Club ($250,000 – $499,999)
- Great-West Life (Great-West Life Rooftop Garden & Solarium)
President’s Circle ($100,000 – $249,999)
- Paul, Rosie & Robin Jacuzzi
- Paul & Anne Mahon
- The Winnipeg Foundation
President’s Club ($50,000 – $99,999)
- James W. Burns, O.C., O.M. (Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Residency Program, PRIME: A Health Centre for Seniors)
- Estates of Kathleen & Geraldine Clarkin
- Jon & Carol Kreviazuk & Family
- Dr. Mathen K. Mathen
- Jack & Dolores Morton
- RBC Foundation
- TD Bank Group
- The Thomas Sill Foundation
- Wawanesa Insurance
Founder ($25,000 – $49,999)
- Drs. Lorne Bellan & Bonnie Cham
- Charlie & Joanne Burns
- Dr. Charles M. Burns & Family
- Kaye Dunlop & Chrys Pappas, Elizabeth Pappas
Builder ($10,000 – $24,999)
- Anonymous (The Winnipeg Foundation) (Great-West Life Rooftop Garden & Solarium)
- Mary & Jan Badowski
- France Adams & Stephen Brodovsky
- R.A. (Sam) Fabro
- Elsie M. Jackson / Barb Leslie
- Homestead Manitoba Ltd.
- The Estate of Barbara Phyllis McDougall
- Wynn & Teddi Sweatman & Family
(last updated January, 2013)